Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Still healing and preparing...

I've just about finished Tuck's handlebar bag.  All I need to do is attach the toggles...when they are made.  Last night he tooled a few of the leather pieces I was preparing to attach to the bag.  
Here are some pictures of the (nearly) finished bag...you can see how different it is from mine.
Some close-ups of the detail...


Over the past few days I've been taking short trips on the bike to try to loosen up my knee a little.  It may be working...there is almost no pain or tightness!  I still occasionally ice it; specifically after a ride.  Thankfully, it does seem to be healing quickly, so I think we can leave soon.  I will definitely take it easy and be sure to do as much spinning in low gears as I can. 
 I'm actually glad we weren't able to leave at the beginning of the month...riding and camping in constant cold rain would have been quite miserable!  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alex,

I know this might sound a little odd but I have been viewing your bike bags and thought how awesome it would be to make something like this for myself. I studied your pictures and thought I could give it a try. I actually thought of contacting you for some advice and checked your profile. Lo and behold, you live in Buffalo, I live in Tonawanda. I sure would enjoy talking to you about how you made the bags and would be happy to pay for some lessons. Let me know if you are at all interested.

As a side bar, about 12 years ago I walked 650 mile on the Appalacian Trail alone for 40 days and 40 nights as a journey of faith building.

I'm a librarian, married to a librarian and believe or not, I have no social media to connect to this comment with, hence the anonymous.

Let me know your thoughts about some lessons.

Alex ... said...

Hello _____?
I am willing to work with you. We should first meet just to discuss how the lessons would work...
Would the Central library, downtown, be a good place to meet? I am basically available anytime.

Anonymous said...

Tucker, you have done a beautiful job on the leather! You guys ought to go into business together. Since I don't now how to post this except as anonymous, that's what I'll be.

Alex ... said...

You can use your name...without having a gmail account. Just select name/url and put in whatever you want! =)

I was very impressed with the leather, too...

Post a Comment