Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ice, rest, and loose ends...

Slowly, very slowly it seems, my knee is improving.  I frequently apply ice packs, and rest it as much as possible.  Today I can walk without pain...that is an improvement!  I'm still hoping to and planning on leaving for PA next week...we will see how the knee feels then.
In the meantime I have a few things to finish...
My brother Tuck asked for a handlebar bag for the trip, so I am trying to complete it before we leave.  He wanted the top flap to fit down around the sides instead of being flat the way I made mine.  He also wanted it to hang with the narrow end toward him...that way the handlebars wouldn't interfere with opening and closing the bag.  I do enjoy designing new features, but am ready to be done sewing!
Since I will be leaving for a month, there are responsibilities of mine that I have to pass off to others in the family...jobs such as making breakfasts, washing laundry, growing peppers, the care of two flowerbeds, and a dog.  They are so used to having me around, but I think everyone will do fine without me...
I am a little sad to leave, but ready to discover another chapter in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment