Monday, May 9, 2011

Disappointment...

PA in May had to be scratched.
My knee wasn't healing fast enough, and I can't risk permanently injuring it.  I have almost no pain with normal activity, but if I ride even a short distance it starts acting up.  I am disappointed, but now I have more time to prepare for our big trip this summer.  
Last week Tuck and I went shopping for supplies.  We purchased spokes, chain lube, cooking utensils, and a collection of imperishable food (except the cheese).
I bought bulk rice, oats, and wheat.  The wheat will be ground into flour at home and made into bread, muffins, and pancake mixes.  I made granola out of most of the oats, since neither of us like oatmeal much.  The rice is just for cooking along the road...
 I also bought a couple cans of beans, tomato paste, bullion cubes, pasta, and raisins.
In addition to these foods, I will prepare a collection of spices and herbs to increase the palatability of my cooking...

No comments:

Post a Comment