Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Adjustments...

As a result of using my handlebar bag regularly the velcro loops on the bottom began to wear out...already!
They would no longer reliably stay 'velcroed'.  Once, when the bag was heavily loaded, it started to slip down the supports and towards the end of the rack!  It was time to figure out a more reliable securement.  Dad had wanted leather loops on the bottom of his so he could use a toe strap to tighten his bag to the rack.  I decided that was the way to go!
The velcro was still attached as I sewed the leather patch onto the bottom.
Then I cut the velcro off...
and tried it out on the bike...
It worked well, and I think this will solve any problems with the bag sliding towards the front.
The toe strap is a little long...and it will get cut...

No comments:

Post a Comment