Saturday, May 21, 2011

Dad's handlebar bag...

With all naturally-colored leather, D-rings, and lots of tooling Dad's bag is my best so far.  Tuck did all the tooling...it looks great! 
This one is bigger than either of the others - 1 1/2 inches deeper and 1/4 inch wider.  That doesn't sound significant, but it sure feels larger!
Instead of loops and toggles Dad wanted an elastic closure....so I accommodated. 
He also had a custom front rack made, similar to this...
The slab of leather with slots in it slips over the vertical part of the rack.  The slots are for an optional strap with a buckle...in case that worked better...
The two straps just above the leather slab are for securing around the handlebars.
  

These two internal flaps were Dad's great idea for keeping rain out.  I wish I had done this with my bag...oh well...learning curve....

This is the back view...or should I say, front view...this is what will be visible to onlookers as Dad zooms past.

 I am very pleased with the final product!

No comments:

Post a Comment