Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mom's Mini Bag...

Since I'd been home for a few weeks, I was ready to start making bags again.  
Mom wanted a small handlebar bag that would work on her light speedy road bike.  She only carries a handful of necessities with her, so I designed it to fit just those objects.
At 6 inches wide, 4 inches tall and 4 inches deep, it is a very tiny bag....
It could hold about 11/2 liters....the volume is 96 square inches.
It weighs 0.9lbs...400 grams.
I put pockets in this one...a little one in each side...
There are two inside flaps, closed with elastic, for keeping stray raindrops
out and unruly belongings in.
Two straps and buckles are all that attach it to the bike...
It is very easy to see over - it is so small!
Here's how it looks from the side...
and front...
This time I did the leather tooling.  I had fun, and was pleased with the result!
All the leather, except trim leather, is lighter leather than I used on any of the other bags.  I also used smaller clips for the shoulder strap, instead of the big sturdy scissor snaps.
The shoulder strap is a little shorter than my other bags, but that is fine, since it is so small a bag...
I am very pleased with the final product...and am thinking of making one for my camera!
(My camera doesn't ride bicycles...it just needs a case to be carried around in.)

Mom's Mini Bag...a small bag for light bicycles and small needs...

No comments:

Post a Comment