Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I'm a Farmer Pirate!

Well, I haven't talked much about the things I do at home in Buffalo, but the time has come!  
I am involved in a co-operative for urban gardeners/farmers called Farmer Pirates.  My family runs the Wilson Street Urban Farm, and we work together with other budding gardening operations on the East Side of Buffalo.  Our goal is to bring good food and the awareness of nutritional and environmental issues to city-dwellers.  Unfortunately the urban soils have been so neglected and abused that it is very difficult to grow in them.  The solution to this is huge amounts of soil amendments, the most important of which is compost.  We are unable to obtain the amounts of compost we need, since we have inadequate equipment.  You can help us raise the money to buy the tools we need!  Just go to Farmer Pirates Compost Program and you can donate...

No comments:

Post a Comment