Friday, January 28, 2011

Exercise and the Need to do so...

I am not in shape.  I ride my bike once or twice a week, and do a paltry amount of strenuous activity in PE with my younger siblings, but that is not enough to get me ready for an extended journey.
If I am in pain because of sore muscles for most of this trip, it will be hard to enjoy, and much harder to ride.
I have decided to get off my bum, stop procrastinating, and ride a bike!  (or at least do something lively)
I'm starting to discipline myself to get up early, stretch, and do some exercise before the daily tasks begin.  There is a bike attached to a wind trainer upstairs that I can ride, instead of the snowy streets. Stretching my legs will get them more limber.  Push-ups, and pull-ups...well, it is nice to be able to do them, and I don't want all my strength to be in my legs.  
I would like to be in some sort of shape when the time comes, so I'm hoping I will continue training and not wimp out like so many times before...

No comments:

Post a Comment